1/31/15

OverNight Oats!!

Let me start off by saying that I like to be as SIMPLE as possible when it comes to eating clean!

I have never been a breakfast person and would normally just have my Shakeology as my first meal of the day, but since starting Body Beast, my body needs a more solid meal.  So now replace one snack with Shakeology instead.  Since I like meals that are easy and simple and fit in with my busy lifestyle as a mom and business owner.. I needed something that I can easily grab N go!

This led me to OverNight Oats.. and let me say, I love oatmeal first of all.  But don't always have the time to make it.  I always recommend Old Fashioned oats or Steel Cut oats (these take FOREVER to make though).. make sure to stay away from that instant crap. 

But knowing the benefits alone, make it that much more appealing to make sure you add as a daily staple.  It lowers cholesterol, reduces blood sugar levels, and can boost your immune system just to name a few.  

I've seen so many versions of OverNight Oats floating around more and more.. and my challengers swear by them.  So today I decided to give them a try!



Here's what you'll need:
1/2 cup Oats (I used super oats that contain quinoa and chia seeds)
1/2 cup Almond milk
1/4 cup frozen berries
1/4 cup fresh strawberries
2 teaspoons Greek Yogurt
1 teaspoon sliced almonds
cinnamon
pure vanilla extract
mason jars
First, add oats to mason jar, then layer yogurt, milk, extract, cinnamon, fruit, and almonds into the mason jars!  


 
Let sit in fridge overnight to enjoy in the morning!  Post your favorite recipes below to be featured here on my Blog!



2 comments :

  1. Do you heat it up or eat it cold?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually heat it up for about 30 to 45 seconds... Mostly because I'm just used to eating warm oatmeal ;)

      Delete

Theme created by Feeric Studios