4/13/15

Low-Carb Cauliflower Pizza Crust

Pizza Pizza

I've been following the 21 Day Fix program and really focusing on the nutrition part.  Typically, I don't encounter any issues, but to be honest.. I feel like I'm getting bored with some of the meals I've been making..  I mean really.. how many times can you chicken and steamed veggies.  

Not to mention.. planning out the containers!


BUT.. and I stress.. I really LOVE the program and the results I'm seeing!


So.. what do you do when you've used up all your Yellow containers and you have to prepare dinner for the family.. and they are screaming for a Pizza night?!


I actually found some recipes on cauliflower Pizza crust.. and decided to add some extras!


Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!







INGREDIENTS

Nonstick spray
2 1/2 cups cauliflower, grated (about 1/2 a large head)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1 cloves garlic, minced
Dried basil leaves, optional

DIRECTIONS

  1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat oven to 425ºF. 
  2. Chop the cauliflower using a food processor (you could also use a grater but will take longer) until you have two and a half cups of cauliflower crumbles. Place in a large bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until soft. Remove from the microwave and let cool.
  3. Mix in the egg, one half cup mozzarella, parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper. Once combined, pat into a 10-inch round on the prepared pizza pan. Spray lightly with nonstick spray and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
  4. Top the pizza with the sauce, 1/4 cup mozzarella, and other ingredient of your choice. Top with basil.  Bake in the oven until melted and bubbly, another 10 minutes

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme created by Feeric Studios