12/10/14

NAILED IT!

I can't stop thinking about something Elysia said to me last night... 
As much as I do self-development.. I think its SO IMPORTANT to get my kids going as well.. Shoot.. If it took me over 30yrs to realize that Positive Thinking is a life changer.. it would be the absolute gift of all to get my kids started NOW!
Anyways... she just started reading 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by John C. Maxwell








.. and as we were discussing it last night.. Her BIGGEST take-away from the VERY FIRST chapter was.... 
DO IT NOW!! 







She struggles from procrastination  (wonder where she gets it from?) 
“The longer you wait to do something you should do now, the greater the odds that you will never actually do it.” ~ John C. Maxwell
One of the assignments in the book is to repeat.. "DO IT NOW" over and over, about 50 times.. EVERY morning when you wake up and EVERY night before you go to bed. Do this 5 days a week and 50 weeks a year.
And then it HIT ME... I have read this book already.. and yet this is something I NEVER picked up on! How could I have missed such a thing? But, this was my 13yr olds BIGGEST take-away?
and so it has been weighing on my mind.. in a good way 
We, as parents lead by example. Our kids are a direct reflection of US! and as much as we want to TEACH our kids everything and show them all the right.. there is SO MUCH that our kids pick up on.. that WE MISS! Its so important to HEAR what they are saying and allow them to TELL us their perspective of things.
Sometimes we miss the ball.. and they NAIL IT!!!!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme created by Feeric Studios